Monday, May 30, 2016

One Month to Go!

In just over a month we will be leaving for our second trip to Kenya - although now we are a family of 6 instead of a family of 5 :). We are going with Samaritan's Purse again - but to several different places. We will start out at Chogoria Hospital which is near Mt. Kenya. We are excited for our trip - to follow God on the adventure He has for us. We hope that you will pray for us and with us and that you will follow our blog. I am reading The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer and the following quote about being obedient to God's call has stuck with me, "If he refuses to follow and stays behind, he does not learn how to believe." I am praying that as my children and Jeremy and I follow God's call, we will all learn how to believe. As Bonhoeffer spoke of Peter, "Peter had to leave the ship and risk his life on the sea, in order to learn his own weakness and the almighty power of his Lord." I am sure we will learn of our weakness and at the same time the great and mighty power of our Lord. 
-Christine


No comments:

Post a Comment